Mojito Day is almost here. July 11th is an opportunity to upsell your customers with a quick change to the menu. Here’s one way to put your own twist on the classic mojito and include those who don’t usually opt for sweet-bitter cocktails.
Mutti Tomato Mojito
- 2 ounces Mutti Cherry Tomato Vodka (recipe below)
- 1 can Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes
- Vodka ½ ounce Basil Simple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 cherry tomato (Mutti or fresh)
- 1 ½ oz. club soda
Muddle 1 cherry tomato (Mutti or fresh), 2 wedges of lime, and ½ ounce of Basil Simple Syrup. Add 2 ounces of the Mutti Cherry Tomato Vodka, and shake with ice until combined. Top with 1 ½ oz club soda, and garnish with a wedge of lime, cherry tomato and/or basil leaf.
- Cherry Tomato Vodka: Drain 1 can of Mutti® Cherry Tomatoes and pour the tomatoes into a 1 quart (32oz) mason jar. Fill the rest of the jar up with vodka and let it sit for ~ a week.
- Basil Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add 1 cup sugar and stir until dissolved. Add 1 cup of fresh basil leaves, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes and then let cool. Once cool, remove the basil leaves and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.